Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dustin's Sunday Night Check In

So here's the thing, loyal readers: Sunday night is a terrible night for a weigh in. I had 3 helpings of my mom's meatloaf and then 3 helpings of her delicious apple cobbler with ice cream. Let me tell you, it was to die for. I ate 3 meals tonight and they are still in me.

I give myself a B- for the week. It was an okay start. My weight is 172.2 tonight.

Monday: I did the 30 minute bike ride. I actually did a 35 minute bike ride, for those of you loyal readers who value precision. I watched Dr. Who on Netflix and it wasn't bad. (pass)

Here is a picture of my bike on the trainer, ready to go:


Wednesday: I packed my running stuff up carefully. It took quite a while to find all my stuff. I asked my wife what I must not forget, and she told me that the one thing I must have is my running shoes. I only realized I had forgotten them when I made it to work. Summary: no run. (fail)

Thursday: I swam my butt off in the morning. There's a new dude in lane 3, loyal readers, and he's faster than me. I worked hard to keep up and I got a good work out. I think we swam 1800m over the course of the hour long workout. (pass)

I went to a party on Saturday night and ate every hors d'oeuvre that was passed to me. There's the aforementioned culinary indiscretion at my parents' place tonight too, but I also made some good food choices this week.

My goals for this week:

Monday: I'd like to run, but if it's too cold out I'll ride my bike for 40 minutes.

Tuesday: Swim Class.

Wednesday: Run 5km or bike 40 minutes

Thursday: No swim class because my wife has to work. I will run 5km or bike 40 minutes

I discovered a great turkey wrap at the cafeteria at work that I'm going to start eating too.

Summary

I feel like this week was a good, easy start. I want to do better this week. Consistency is going to be the important thing.



1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I agree about consistency. I thought this article was good and it talks about consistency a fair bit: http://vitals.lifehacker.com/exercise-vs-diet-which-is-more-important-for-weight-l-1677532039

    ReplyDelete